ABOUT THE API SUMMIT
The Africa Property ( API Summit ) 06-10 September 2021 is five-days of curated experiences created exclusively for Africa’s real estate leaders.
This year, delegates have the opportunity to attend event live for free virtually or via a full access pass for $195 (Ex-Vat). A full access pass gives you access to Concierge Networking (06 -07 September) and On-Demand Access post the Summit.
ABOUT THE THEME:A NEW ERA
2021 marks the start of a transformative period in global real estate. As we move forward into this new era, Africa’s property sector has a generational opportunity to set a new course and purpose for how we develop the continent’s built environment.
To achieve this, investors and developers must replace outdated conventions and create a new paradigm founded on future market dynamics, real demand and ESG principles.
In such an environment, this year’s theme, A New Era, will reveal how real estate decision makers will create the assets, funds and portfolios that will propel the next wave of global and regional investment.
LEADING BRANDS & THE SPEAKERS WHO ATTEND
KEY FOCUS AREAS FOR DISCUSSION
Are the fundamentals for growth in Africa changing and how is this affectingFDI and targeted returns in real estate?
- How do we create the bridge for new pools of developed market money to invest in the continent’s property sector
- How will a renewed focus on ESG principles impact African RE, and what does this mean for investors, financiers and developers?
- How do we make the next wave of RE development in Africa moreresilient, sustainable and affordable?Will the last 12 months of restructuring and lack of USD liquiditychange the way financiers and banks view lending into the sector?
- How are investors and developers rethinking the purpose of buildings now that space is being seen as a service?
- Will the pandemic be the catalyst for investment and development in student accommodation, affordable housing, data centres, healthcare facilities and other non-traditional asset classes in Africa?
- To what extent will innovation be key to achieving sustainable growth in African real estate? Is the sector ready for adoption?
- What does this New Era mean for Africa’s struggling retail sector?Will the global residential and logistics development boom spillover to Africa?